I know it has been a while since I have shared my meals with you all but that is only because I have not been having anything worthy! But tonight I had the most delicious meal I have tried since starting my weight loss journey so I HAD to share!! I found this recipe on: http://www.skinnymom.com/2012/10/08/philly-cheese-turkey-sloppy-joes/
If you follow the link you can print the recipe! The photo is from that page as well! One serving of this is only 6 weight watchers points!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Serving (1/2 cup meat mixture + 1 slice of cheese):
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 8 eight-grain slim buns
- 8 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- In a large skillet, start to brown the turkey on medium-high heat for about 5-6 minutes. Add the onion and green bell pepper and cook another 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables start to get tender.
- Stir in the steak sauce, Worcestershire and beef broth. Sprinkle in the salt and pepper. Get the mixture bubbling by turning it up to high. Cook like this for about 3 minutes (most of the liquid will evaporate).
- On a baking sheet, layout buns, separating the tops from the bottoms. On the bottom halves, spoon approximately 1/2 cup of the meat mixture and 1 slice of cheese.
- Broil open faced sandwiches until the top bun is golden brown and the cheese is good and melty! Remove from oven and assemble and stack with desired toppings.
Per Serving (1/2 cup meat mixture + 1 slice of cheese):
Vitamin A: 4%
Vitamin C: 4%
WWP+: 6 points